Fun Things to Do in the AreaThere are many things to do in Denver Colorado for people of all ages and favorite things they like. The city has eateries of all types and nationalities to visit, major sports teams, a zoo, aquarium, botanic gardens, and more. There are museums with different types of arts, science, and history. Denver is a growing city, but still has venues with acres of sights and tours. Find out all about homes in Denver at lakehouse17.com. There is an activity or venue to visit during all four seasons for adults and for the family with many that should not be missed.
Sights of the City
This is a city where every, day can be a fun day since it has enough venues to see something different every weekend or weekday. There are places to visit for adults and children including:
• The Denver Museum of Nature and Science, which has something to interest all ages. It has exhibits, activities, and programs to learn about the natural history of Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region.
• The Denver Botanic Gardens with native and international plants, along with events.
• The Denver Art Museum that is one of the largest museums from Illinois to the West Coast.
• The Denver Zoo, which is an 80-acre facility with a long history as it was founded in 1896.
• The Denver Aquarium which has over 500 different species.
• The Molly Brown House is open for tours. This is the house of the Titanic unsinkable Molly Brown whose Victorian-era home was built in 1889.
• Children’s Museum of Denver is one of the exciting places to take children with a bubble blowing lab, interactive exhibits and an old fire truck.
• The Museum of Contemporary Art has exhibits in modern paintings, sculptures, and other art.
• Four Mile Historical Park is a pioneer museum on 12 acres complete with a log home, barn and farm animals. This location also has guided tours.
• The Money Museum this has exhibits on currency and has hands-on activities for children.
Amusement Parks and Sports
The city has both amusement parks and sports for the active person or family. Lakeside Amusement Park founded in 1908 that in with their rides include wooden rollercoaster’s. Elitch Gardens is a mix of a botanical garden, amusement park, and theater. Sports fans will find that Denver is home to all of the four major sports teams like the Denver Broncos.
Incentives for Raising a Family There (Schools, Safety etc.)
Denver is a city that is perfect for raising a family. This is a location that has every activity imaginable whether it is a fun day at the zoo or school sports. While all cities have crime there are areas in Denver that have a drastically lower crime rate where it is safe to raise a family. These areas include Central East, Cherry Creek, Lodo and Washington Park where kids can be kids.