In Denver, there are 174 public schools and 76 private schools. These are schools that provide a top education to children. These schools include the Denver School of Science and Technology, Stapleton High School, and Challenge School. Attending college the University of Denver is the oldest private university in the city with undergraduate and graduate programs. There is also The Art Institute of Colorado and Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design to earn degrees.
Denver Educational Ratings
There are many of the public schools that rate in the top ten nationally for education. These schools include:
• Peak to Peak Charter School: This school is rated number 1 and awarded the national gold medal for education.
• DSST: Stapleton High School: This rates number 2 with students having the opportunity to take advanced coursework. The school has an 82 percent graduation rate and an 83.8 percent college readiness rate.
• KIPP Denver Collegiate High School: This school is ranked number 3 with advanced classes. It has an 84 percent graduation rate and a 79.0 percent college readiness rate.
• Coming in at number 12 is Denver Center for International Studies. While it is not in the top ten it has an impressive graduation rate of 93 percent. They offer advanced coursework and have a 64.5 college readiness rating.
• Coming in at number 14 is Denver School of the Arts with an excellent 98 percent graduation rating. Students at this school have the ability to take advanced coursework and they have a 62.6 percent college readiness rate.
Living in Denver or the suburbs of the city has advantages for the family for both a good education and safety. Many of the areas have low crime rates for a large and growing city. Many of the schools are rated the highest in the country and there are colleges that have top ratings. Children have many opportunities in Denver that may not be found in other locations.